As an educator in our school systems YOU have the opportunity to let your class experience our JA programs with one of our local volunteers! All of our programs are designed to link directly to your curriculum and enable you to bring real life experience in to the classroom through our trained volunteers.
Each program was created to reflect the "learn by doing" model and ensure that our youth gain these skills through various tested activities that will surely engage them and teach them the necessary skills our programs set out to achieve.
Learning from actual business leaders provides youth the confidence, belief and direction they need to succeed as leaders and citizens in a global community. Through our partnership with educators and business, JA mentors are able to inspire, prepare and empower young Canadians by offering them real-world knowledge of work readiness, financial literacy and entrepreneurship.
With over 45 years of experience in South Western Ontario (Chatham-Kent, Sarnia Lambton and Windsor-Essex), Junior Achievement has influenced thousands of youth to help achieve their dreams. Junior Achievement helps to prepare students for the real world and shows young people how to become productive members of the workforce, manage their personal finances and build on their entrepreneurial spirit.
Please click on the "Educator Registration" button below to sign up for your JA program today!
1. When will I receive my program?
- Our charter asks that you choose a month of preference that works well for your classroom! We try to offer our programs during certain months. Please select a program to see the month(s) it will be offered.
2. What program is suitable for my classroom?
- All our programs are assigned to a specific grade level. Please see the options below for your appropriate grade. Please note that if you have a split class, all students are encouraged to participate in the program regardless of their grade level being one higher or lower than the recommended grade.
Grade 5: Our Business World
Grade 7: Dollars with Sense
Grade 8: Economics for Success
Grades 10-12: Be Entrepreneurial
3. Who will deliver the program in my classroom?
- A qualified volunteer from the local business community will visit your classroom as arranged by your local Program Manager. These volunteers are able to bring their own personal experience to add further value to our programs.
4. How much will this program cost my classroom?
- Nothing! Junior Achievement of South Western Ontario offers our board-approved programs to our schools and educators completely free of charge. We rely on the wonderful support of our community partners to ensure program costs are covered.
5. How does my program get schedule?
- Once you register online, your local Program Manager will be in contact to arrange a date that works for both your classroom and the volunteer.
6. What if I have further questions about a program?
- If our above links do not provide you with enough information we would love to hear any questions, comments or concerns. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org